For Immediate Release:
Congratulations to Jim Triplett for winning the Georgia Municipal Association’s Finance Officer of the Year. Jim was selected as the winner amongst more than 500 GMA member cities in the state.
Triplett has served as the Finance Director for the City of Carrollton since 1994. Because of his leadership and hard work, the City of Carrollton currently boasts:
- Over $21 million in cash reserves;
- The lowest water and sewer rates in the area;
- The lowest property tax millage rate in the area;
- Utility systems that pay a substantial portion of the general fund; and,
- No general obligation debt and very little utility debt.
This award is not only a reflection on Jim and his hard work and commitment to the success of this community but also on all of the managers and employees at the City of Carrollton.
“Thank you, Jim, for a job well done and congratulations for such well-deserved recognition,” states Mayor Hollingsworth. “We appreciate your commitment to serve this community efficiently and effectively for more than 22 years.”
For questions concerning this award. please call Tim Grizzard, City Manager at (770) 830-2000